Open Mon - Sat 9:30am to 5:30PM Free parking in our lot!
Just Pawn Chicago 4509 N. Sheridan Rd Chicago, IL 60640 773-275-4677
Learn about gold, diamonds, platinum and silver
What is sterling silver? A guide to silver purity Silver purity guide for common types of silver

At Just Pawn Chicago, we pay cash for silver. Before you sell your silver, it's important to know what you've got. The spot price for silver is for pure silver. Most jewelry is not made of pure silver; it is made of sterling silver.

Sterling silver jewelry is 92.5% silver, hence the .925 imprinted on some jewelry. The remaining 7.5% will usually be copper. Coin silver is what most U.S. currency is made from. Some jewelry will also be stamped coin silver or .900. This is 90% silver and 10% some other metal.

Spot prices are for pure silver. Silver jewelry sold by weight is only worth a precentage of the spot price.

  • pic1
  • pic1
  • pic1
  • pic1